Monday, September 26, 2005

Squishy Fish Monday

Man, its the start of the break. But it doesn't feel like a break...there's an assignment looming around the corner next week. Still at least I got my week lined up for me. Out sometime to meet friends and such, so at least thats good.

When not uni I will be at home running errands, today was one day I would probably have experienced over and over again on Mondays have I not decided to go to unis on Mondays regardless that I have no class on Monday. Guess I get more work done in uni...actually I definitely get more work done in uni period...not so much running around and out of the room. At least in uni I will sit down for longer periods of time, to the point my butt hurts.

This evening....my mom wanted to try making a new dish...fish paste stuffed into yao char kuey ( fried devil). Had to take her to the SS2 morning market to buy the yao char kueys. Things seemed to have gone fine until the point the stupid maid poured the new dish into the pot together with the taufoo pok ......stupid as hell.....what common sense man. You have fried a dish and you dump into the pot with a soup based dish....I'm assure you can guess the results. As a rude Italian chef in Edinburgh would say, "The results were.....disasterous". Actually, disasterous would be giving too much credit to her. Its an understatement.

What happened was a masacre of perpectually good food....soggy slimy yao char kuey that was once golden brown....reduced to a lump of wet slime....what a big waste....As you can imagine, my mom was really pissed at her and I don't blame her. I would really have wanted to try the dish, but man oh man....the maid sure likes her fish soft and squishy...

On other matters aside from masacred food....my cousin come over earlier tonight to interview me. The topic was on the effects of violent videogames. I guess I've been reknown to play alot of games to the point that I may be slightly mentally unstable....Well I did give him my opinions and he took a pic of me playing (a rather disturbing pic of me playing while blasting somebody). If all goes well, my name will be in the InTech section of the Star on Thursday....I sure hope the photo does not come out.....

No comments: