Monday, January 02, 2006

What a way to spend 2006's New Year

Greetings one and greetings all, a very happy new year to everyone!! It's 2006, drastic changes have occured over the past 24 hours for me though it has only been the first day of the new year. First thing in order is to offer my condolences to my uncles, aunties, and cousins in relation to the passing of my grandaunt, who passed away yesterday, new year's morning.


On the way to the airport


Check In Lounge Area


Flying away


Another big change of events is my brother's going to NS earlier yesterday. Woke up early to catch a 10.15am flight to Kelantan. The flight was uneventful enough, the slightly bumpy landing @ Kelantan was a slight shock, but other wise we got there. "Any landing you can walk away from, is a good landing", as they say.


Our Rented Car


Lunch is Served (Seafood Cantonese Hor Fun)


Checking out Kelantan, Kota Bharu, I noticed that things are very much different from here in Kuala Lumpur. For one thing, as you exit the airport, you will notice that the design of buildings are distinctly more....Islamic. Everything has this mosque like look. Even business signs are to have their signs in Jawi without fail. Also, there's the abundance of PAS propaganda spread on billboards in place of Ads. Another odd feature is the popularity of "backyard-grown" brands. What do you think of a brand called 'Gajah Duduk'? I for one, would be confused as to what is the product.

In anycase, the NS camp was set out in the middle of nowhere. Only Kampung houses for miles around. Padi fields all around too. If thats not bad enough, we almost ran over a snake while driving back. Likely more than field nice in the bushes. The freaking army dudes acted like big arses. So bloody cocky and pushy. Can't stand 'em. The rules are out in full force too. No this...no that...no no no no....This is exactly why I disliked school life. There was one guard that let us in the compound at first, pitying us looking in like dungus. Unfortunately, there was another guard who thought otherwise and told us to shove off, showing us out of the compound. Though, the NS guys were having fun at having to rummage through all my bro's belongings, they let him in the end. Saw him off at that point.

Exclusive Illegal Photo of the NS Camp (Bwahaha)

Whats this? Its a "MALE" Lane, for Men Only (Take that ladies, I've got a lane!)

Arrived at the airport early at around 6.10 in the evening. Though I was there earlier in the day, I did not realise the full extent of the size of the airport. It really is super small. Upon embarking onthe plane, I noticed that there were only 3 boarding platforms at the airport. I guess it is not surprising also, that there were only 2 flights out of the place that night.

The departure hall is by no means small, but I can only guess that the designers decided to dump everyone from different flights together and sort of them out as their planes are called. Again, considering that the airport is small, air traffic probably isn't heavy. With incidents (as I have witnessed) such as a foreign woman, who was trying to cross the road, but just bearly escaped from being runned over by a motorcyclist, it is no wonder that this place isn't a prime destination for tourists.

Departure hall

What I saw for majority of the Flight, The Ceiling

No comments: