Friday, January 13, 2006

Firday the 13th? Bah- Hum Bung

The first thought about it being Friday the 13th only struck me while I driving to Kat's place earlier today, listening to the radio along the way. Some superstitious kid was talking over the radio on how he tore his pants on the bus today and it all had something to do with Friday the 13th. Used to think this sort of stuff was real, bah.

Things like that happen to you either because it just does, or you want to make it happen. In all likelihood, you will blame anything bad on it being Friday the 13th...

So yes, fortunately I did not experience any sort of unwanted incidents, save for some close shaves in the car. Otherwise the day was as normal as can be.

Drove mom out to Seapark area to buy provisions. Had to entertain myself in the car. Saw this guy begging outside a shop. But this is no ordinary beggar!! He smokes!Ok, whats so fascinating? Well, for the very fact that basic human needs do not include cigarattes and alcohol, this guy's got them both!!

Cigarattes in one hand and a bottle of cheap alchohol in another. Hey! If you are trying to beg, have some sense and try not to look like a drunkard smoker who's out to make a quick buck!! Sheessh....

The strangely, well-off beggar

"Hey, missy. Got a buck or two so I you can see me smoke another fag (Cigarette)?"
Clearly, he does not NEED food since he can afford a cig.

Yeah, ok this guy does not deserve a spot on my blog, but I figure I want to point out that we as human beings should NOT indulge in these addictive bad habits that will no doubt OVERRIDE our basic needs.

Right, so after taking mom to the place and back, I was soon off to fetch Kat from her place. Way down to K.L. was slightly jammed but otherwise ok for a Friday afternoon. Stopped by at Great Eastern Mall, a sort of medium sized mall thats right opposite Glen Eagles Intan, Ampang. The place looked rather spiffy. Lots of foreigners hanging around there. Probably because there's an international school around the corner.

The main purpose of us being at the mall was to so that she could get her sis a present. Finally got a pair of earings that would be deemed suitable for work. Had lunch at this sort of Cable Car style of setting onli with more local dishes. Had Pineapple Fried Rice. Was pretty good, don't mind eating there again.

Now as a sharp constrast to the earlier described beggar. Here in Malaysia, there are lots of people faulting their stuff around. I see more Ferraris on the rounds than there were last time. People can change handphones every month. Lots of money gets spent. Now take a look at the newest way in which you can get rid of those extra ringgit!!


Look!! It's a pink fancy looking phone!! And it can be yours for a low price of RM2855 only!!

Later after buying some groceries and dropping them back at her place, went over to Times Square so I could use up a Border's cash coupon that my uncle handed to my dad. Bought The Time Travler's Wife and The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole.

I just couldn't resist writing some crap or putting up some sort of weird stuff in my entries. The above 2 are my lastest and certainly not my greatest yet. Everyday holds new wonders, more excitement.....more stupidity and utterly weird things that happen around every corner.

That concludes this edition of Friday the 13th, tune in next time to find out that this day is of no significant value and should not be treated as a bad day or any sort (Slips on a banana peel, falls down the stair case).

No comments: