Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thursday the Funeral Day

Well, there isn't much to talk about at the moment save the funeral that I attended this morning. I'm pretty hard pressed to find a cheerful topic at the moment, but I might as well blurt out whatever that has been happening to me during the course of the day.

Woke up early this morning to prepare for the funeral mass at 10am. Workers doing the repair works were on the job right on time. Mom had to send Jinn Lik out to kindergarten late again because he was slow at dressing up. Dad and I left the house at 9.35 to head over to Saint Francis Xavier's Church for the mass.

The rest of Sam Yee Poh's (my late grandaunt) family had arrived ahead of us all to make sure that the funeral preperations were in order. The service proceeded smoothly with no hitches (not that there should be any). Of course at the last part of the service was the time to make the final pass at the coffin and offering condolences to the family members. Had a the urge to cry, but managed to keep it under control by biting my tounge.


(A Nirvana employee quickening (ironically) his own demise)
(Don't smoke!! Unless you intend to get cancer)

The procession proceeded on to taking the body to grave site at Semenyih. Took us a good full hour to reach the place. Passing through 3 tolls plazas. The memorial park was massive, obviously has been in use for 10 years, and as one can aspect, it was begining to look pretty full. The oddest thing about the place was the prescence of a massive dragon that outlined a good portion of a hill. Pretty odd place to build a dragon. Saw some people taking pictures infront of it.

(Never seen a dragon in a cemetary)

(The Dragon's tail climbing up the hill)

Lunch was provided by the Nirvana funeral guys and gals. Crappy place actually, but I was too hungry to care about the quality. Traveling all that while, sure made me hungry.

Finally finished my review on Dragon Quest VIII. Christopher, my cousin, offered me an opportunity to write reviews for the Star's Intech section. My first forray into journalism....well a form of journalism so to speak. Hopefully, it will be of readable quality and I can get paid for it.

No comments: