Saturday, October 15, 2005

Study days are here!!

Ok I think I'll put off the usual titles that include the day of the week in which it was written. I've finally run aground with the number of titles i can come up with. With that, today marks the first day of serious preperation for the finals. It was not a strong start, still lazy and earning to relax after the 2 weeks of gruelling assignments.

At least I had my share of fun yesterday. Went to bowl with Kat's gang of friends at Sunway Pyramid. I superbly sucked at the game...a measely score of 57.....I guess I was so shaken up by the strikes everyone was getting that I lost concerntrated and continued sucking from then on.....

After bowling we proceeded to walk around to follow Shermaine in her quest for new ear rings. In the process, the other girls bought a set of ears for themselves.

Once all the girls were happy with their purchases, some took longer than others, we headed over to Cable Car for the MBC Appreciation dinner. Well, orignially it was suppose to be at the Thai steamboat restaurant Suki Thai.....ahh the fond memories I've had of that place....I had steamboat there once, it was before my programming exam....and I remember getting a bad case of stomach discomfort right before the exam......

Oh but enough with that place...it would have been nice to test to see how well trained by stomach (and how tolerant it is Tom Yam soup now)....but in any case Suki Thai has unfortunately (or fortunately) been closed down....The amazing thing was that the MBC members were only told of its closure on Friday morning...I know actually even I'm also at fault for not paying attention to the shops in Pyramid (have been there more times this year than any other year I was at Monash)....

The dinner was to start at 6.30pm yesterday but as usual it started late instead. We only got our food served (all of us had the same dish save for the vegetarian members) at 7.30pm....Now comes the weird part......we had what I believed to be Chicken Maryland. Notice how I've placed emphasis on the word Chicken.....now, some people at the table commented that the dish tasted like Fish....which is weird cause now I'm confused as to what did we actually eat....

Once dinner was stored and cleared away, there was a surprising amount of photos shot.....abit too many for my taste and the constant reference to the MM Shop Committee as a family...Grace taking the head as great great great great great.....(inhales)....grandmother, Kai Fung as the dad, Yuan Chuan (the current director) as the mother. I simply was lost with the rest as I cannot understand what the other family members are (note: I don't know Cantonese enough to translate them, let alone understand them....which led to me being lost for a good portion of the time). All I remember vividly was being called Son-in-Law, with reference to me being with Kat....yeah, seems that people have established unofficial family bonds.

Phew, thats about it for the description of yesterday's events.

Today went to uni to study. Saw Jim there surprisingly enough. Later even Kai Fung turned up for a short while. Yong Ting came by later after her extra class. Since she was there that can only mean that the other accounting students were around. Ah Mun and Ivy were to be found at the corner shop having lunch. Soon I found myself joining them for lunch. Thats pretty much what had happened today. Melodramatic end to a week as usual.

No comments: