Monday, February 06, 2006

A whole lot catching up

Whee....I got to update up on alot of stuff. Got lots of pic from Johor, not many pics for yesterday's engagement ceremony. All will be revealed in this post.

The reason behind the back log of pics is because I accidentally left my bluetooh device back in JB, hence my inability to share my pictures to the world. Oh woe was I!!

But yes, finally I got a replacement device at Midvalley, while I was out with Kat today. Had a long walk around the place until we ran out of places to go to.

I'm kinda lazy to explain in detail over things. But here are the pics.

Grandpa's place in JB

A view of the notorious Holiday Plaza from my gramp's

Inside Holiday Plaza (HP) is an array of stores. Most have grown to be a sort of extension of Sungei Wang Plaza over the years. The biggest difference between the two is that HP has lots of DVD stalls.

Here's how one typically gets into a DVD store. The front of the store is a small set up. Not many DVDs to be seen. There will ALWAYS be a "hidden" door that leads to the main DVD area, right behind the front door. All the shops there do this to minimize losses during raids.

Behold!! The hidden world of pirated DVDs!! Behind the smucky looking storefront lies a pirates paradise!!

The wall of DVDs!!

This is my cousin's pet dog. There are 2 of them. Apparently, the dog's owners (Singaporeans) couldn't keep them in their apartment. Hence, my cousin got these two fine looking dogs.

This is Danga Bay, a new tourist area in JB. It is set to be something like Gurney Drive, Penang. There are plenty of restaurants to satisfy your hunger and live performances. It even has its own amusement park further down the shore in this pic.

On the way to Tebrau City

Tebrau City, one of JB's newest malls. Mainly built and managed by Jusco. It has many stores that vary from food to entertainment.

Inside Tebrau City

Italiannies has a branch here. Though smaller than One U

Even Red Box has reached JB. Horrors.

No comments: