Thursday, February 23, 2006

Banana Republic

Bananas.....no, not the fruit....but the people. Who are they? They live and breathe among us. They share the same lousy public transport system. They even flush the toilet the same way we do. "Bananas" are commonly refered to as Chinese people, who do not speak Chinese at all. It is common place to find a few of us in the local unis and foreign unis. Infact, this whole topic came about because of an article that talked about English speaking Chinese people, how we are sort of a minority.

First off, I detest to being refered by this term cause I know at least a bit of Hakka (which seems to be very unpopular among people). I really $#%^ing hate it when people freely use this term because my own dialect is rarely spoken. Hence, some people think they have the right to label me under this bleeding term.

Ok, got that out of the way. Yes. I hate the term Banana and ABC (American Born Chinese), because they so inaccurately discriminate people who do not speak a language that they are expected to speak. No, its sad to see that we are labeled as a bloody disgrace to the Chinese race for not being able to speak our own mother tounge. Seriously, I wanna say screw it to the people who came up with the term.

Anyways, enough of that. Today helped give a lift to Tim Nam to uni. Later met Kat and took her to One U, to watch Casanova with her friends. In some strange twist of fate, I saw Yong Ting at GSC heading to watch the same movie in the same hall, with her mom.
Odd indeed.

The Oval @ One U. Gearing up for F1 season with a mini F1 expo.

The girls are taking their time shopping for skin products from Skin Food.

Bought Black at One U today. Going to try it out soon for my next review!! Let the bullets fly!
Oh 3rd review on Shadow of Colossus came out today too!

Ironically, I started out with a topic on Bananas and I'm ending with a pic of a Banana.

This is a bunch of bananas that my Mandarin tuition teacher got from her garden. Its HUGE and its got a Siamese twin like fruit.

No comments: