Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ring the bells!!

Marriage is some what of a mystery to me. I mean, I always see people get married. Sure, aunties and uncles; other times it would be cousins. But never, friends. I've haven't attended a wedding of a friend who I know out of the family before, until today that is.

Today was the engagement ceremony (the actually wedding is to be in Vancouver (mistook it for Torronto earlier) sometime this week) of my friend Yin Ling and soon-to-be husband, Sam Lau.

My heart felt congratulations go out to the happy couple who will be getting on with the next stage of life. The mystical beyond and probably on to being a true 'aunty' (that means you, Yin Ling), good luck with Sam Jr.

Now, whats the big deal about friends actually getting hitch? Think about it, all those weddings we attended in our young days. Some time or most of the time, we are forced to go out of obligation. You know, parents can't stand it if you refuse.

With friends, at least half of the couple will know you. For me, I can tell that I can relate to and have a friendly chat instead of the usual congrats at the door and at the end. This is the main difference between the two.

Hopefully, this marks as a begining to one of many marriages I will have to attend. Heh, this is just one of many.

So to Yin Ling and Sam, all the best and good luck!!

No comments: