Monday, February 27, 2006

The begining of the END

It's the first day of the last sem. There are going to be plenty of "last times" in the coming months. Sigh. I'm coming to feel the coming sadness as I am going to leave my student life behind me and progress on to the next stage of life.

For the first day of actual uni, I didn't bother getting up early to head to uni early and grab my favourite parking spot. Nope, instead I went to uni at about 11 only be turned down at the gate. This certainly has not happened to me on the first day of the sem. So I guess its kinda different for a change. Walked all the way from Elephant Walk to uni.

Its a weird feeling when you enter a familiar place but feel somewhat displaced....I guess the multitude of new faces has only reaffirm my feelings that Monash is begining to be unlike the uni I knew it to be. My batch has left uni already, all of us loose enders are tying up whatever business we have. It's kinda hard to come across another loose ender too. You gotta look harder than you used to.

Oh well, the first day is pretty much uneventful. Just seeing people change left and right. Boring lectures are still here. The assignments are going to be due. Sigh....a familiar sights and sounds, yet different from before.

Change is happening. I'm getting older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jinn Xiung,

I so so so understand how you feel. I feel this way somewhat too. After all, most of my friends are already working or overseas :P

But hey, we'll get there. We're almost there anyway.

Keep going, friend. & look out for the blessings in every day, no matter how mundane things may be.

Everything comes from God, & for a a reason. & as we learn to be thankful for the small things, we begin to appreciate each season of our lives, & the purposes behind us having to go through them. Even the ending days of uni. & the looming uncertainty of working in the future. & the feeling of being left behind.

All is in His hands, so no worries.

JX Chong said...

Hey Sussie,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will take them to heart. I'm just not used to the change in composition of people that I see in uni. Guess I will get used to it over time.