Friday, February 10, 2006

Mid Valley and Steamboat on the same day

Woah..its double meet ups for me today. One meet up with Debs and Matt @ Mid Valley and later another meet with Merilyn, James, and Jim for steamboat. Very tiring business this is. Also very taxing on the pocket.

Picked Matt up from his place at around 11 to meet Debs @ MPH. Reached there early, knowing that we all run on "Malaysian timing" even my version of being early ( really late by 10 minutes ) was still acceptable. Had lunch at Dominos. First time eating at their dine-in restaurant. The place is really Shakey's old premise. Frankly Shakey had better deco, but Domino is out to deliver in terms of food and not surroundings.

For starters, Domino's soup tastes a whole lot better than Pizza Hut's any day. PH tastes like watered down Campbell soup. Kudos to Domino's garlic bread, beating Pizza Hut's half hearted attempt (lightly spread garlic on their bread). Sadly, the pizzas could use some improvement as the thin crust pizza was way too thin. Tasted like crackers really.

Looked around at all the V-day stuff. It really wasn't that impressive as compared to CNY deco. Heh. Can't have too many things going on back to back.

A small pole in the centre of a V-day stall in Mid Valley

Same thing again, but from a different agle. Those are apples hanging from the "tree". Don't get whats up with the apples?

Later at 8pm, had to brave rush hour traffic to get to Sunway for the second meet. Reached there close to 8.30pm. Bleh... Seriously Jim, James and Merilyn can sapu a whole lot of food than I can. Hands down victory to them. I'm currently so stuffed that I have difficulty typing out THIS very post.

One steamboat. A whole HELL lot of FOOD.

I don't know why I took this pic. But Meryl was so insistant on taking it. A sushi-like fishball. It soon met a very steamy death in the steamboat along with the rest of its brethren.

The truimphant four-o have defeated the evil steamboat and avoided paying the RM6 fine per every 100g of unfinished food. The battle was long and bloody, but the four-some have persevered through another eating session.

This may be a little late. A week late to be exact, but I was since I was in Johor last week I didn't have the chance to update my blog on the successful publishing of my first game review for the InTech section of the Star.

Here it is folks. My very FIRST review!!! Printed on the 2nd of Feb 2006.

My name in the papers!!

No comments: