Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Day at the Bird Park

It's been a while since I last posted some pics up. Work does not allow me to post too many of the things I see at events, so I'm dry out of things to put up.

Thankfully, it is the holidays so that calls for something out of the ordinary. Yeah, that meant I was itching to go out and shoot some pics that I could post up for a change. So, I asked dad whether we could head over to the bird park to shoot some birds (photos mind you).

Today's weather was kinda ok for shooting pics. It was bright during the middle of the afternoon so that made it easier to take pics. Towards the evening, the sound of thunder signaled the coming of rain. Fortunately, it was loud bangs and boom but no showers.

In anycase, these are the pics I took at the park. Enjoy.

The entrance to the KL Bird Park

Dad and Jinn Lik at the entrance to the Bird Park

One of the first birds we encountered. A peacock

Close up shot of a Peacock

Another shot of a Peacock's feathers. It has come to my attention that some girls like to wear ear rings with Peacock feathers. Guess, the birds don't mind losing a few, after all they've got hundreds of feathers.

A Pelican. Looks exactly like the ones I saw in US.

Sarawak's famous iconic bird, the Hornbill

Full body shot of the Hornbill

This shot would have been great had the camera focused on the hornbill and not the treebehind it. Still, like the way it came out.

Letting out the gas:

"I say, I hope I didn't pass gas too loudly."


"Eeewww....what's that smell? I've just about had enough of you. We're taking off!!"


A pink flamingo resting with a whole bunch of other flamingos.

Don't know what this bird is, just shot it while it was blankly staring into space.

Jinn Lik standing at a bridge.

Rather nice shot of a bird picking itself with a waterfall of in the distance.

Jail bird. "Let me out I tell ya! I'm innocent!! All I wanted was a cracker!!"

A parrot riding a bicycle on a trapeze. Now I have seen everything.

"Quack! Quack! I'm not crazy! I'm just a fat juicy duck waiting to be served as duck rice at your local family restaurant"

A cute baby chick wondering around in the nursery

A Tucan. Keeps reminding me of a cartoon character called Tucan Dan.

The image conscious parrot:

"Ack! I just woke up!"

"Gotta freshen up quick!"

"Ah. That's better. Ahem.....Polly want a cracker!"

Alas, this bird park outting must draw to a close. So like my sleepy friend here, I need some rest. That's all folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jinn Xiung, you take really nice pics. These are no exception.