Saturday, March 25, 2006

Offers that I cannot Refuse

It's a Saturday afternoon, I am bored and I feel a wee bit guilty for not updating the blog as of late. Thanks to frequent failures in uploading pics on the blog (thank you Blogger!), I was rather discouraged to come online to put stuff up without any pics.

Thankfully, today the site is working fine and I can finally put up pics that I have been meaning to put up so long ago. Yay!!

Been watching Godfather the movie, you know Italian mobsters in the 1930s. The famous line "I'm making you an offer you cannot refuse" originates from this movie. Why the sudden interest in this movie? Mainly because my brother got the game a few days ago and thought of doing some research on the movie. What I can say is, the film is very well thought out. It does not require excessive amounts of violence (though there are violent moments in the movie) to get the audience hooked on. A real rare classic these days of modern day explosion and bullet driven Hollywood stories.

Oh, speaking of things Italian (aside from the mob)....went out with Kat to Pizza Uno yesterday. That's two pasta dishes in one week. Yay! Judging from both the dishes provided by 1920 Caffe and Pizza Uno (P.U.), I can safely say that P.U. tops 1920 in terms of quality. Their carbonara source is spot on!!

Without futher delay, here are the pics of the day, followed by pics from the day before.

24th March 2006:

Centrepoint's Pizza Uno

The simple Magerita is simply delicious.

Camera Test Shots:

Been trying out the w800i camera over the past few days. Playing around with settings and such. Though I am far from being an execellent photographer, I just love snapping pics!

This is shot with the white balance at normal.

The shot after changing the exposure to fluorescent
"Hello? Any fishies around?"

That's not moss!! Some underwater plants in the same tank.

23rd March 2006:

People said that dawn is one of the best times to snap photos. I took their word for it.

A beautiful formation of clouds in the sky. You really don't get to see this everyday.

Finally dawn breaks!!

Some Tambun cakes from Penang passed on to James, who then passed on to whoever was sitting in the vacinity.
Yum!!...Pandan flavoured Tambun cake.

Unfortunately, eating the cake produced some weird side effects. Jim started hallucinating tried to don a ninja mask and demanded for more Tambun.

No comments: