Monday, March 27, 2006

My Little Box of Horrors

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Like everyone else, I believe that breakfast should be observed with utmost dedication. Today, I woke up as usual. Washed up, dressed up, sat down for my breakfast. I remembered that we got some curry puffs from IKEA yesterday, so I opened up the fridge to get the puffs out.

Curry puffs. Yummm...

I pick a nice looking curry puff that is screaming "Eat me!! Pick me!! EAT ME!!!". I only picked that one cause it asked so nicely (and so as to shut it up forever). So I pop it into the toaster for 5 minutes, pick the papers and scan through it.

Ding!! 5 minutes later, I settle down for some nice hot curry puff. Alright, the exterior was hot, but the interior wasn't so. Guess I should have microwaved it BEFORE I toasted it. Doh...

Once I had consumed by annoying little curry puff (He screamed "wheeee" as I chopped him into fine pieces) I was all ready to go off to uni. My mom comes back from her normal trip to the market, asks me what I had.

She pops the box of curry puffs open and gives a startled scream!! Gasp!! What could possibly be sooo horrible that it would cause my mom to scream? I went on to check out the contents of the box that I had earlier opened, and to my horror......................................................................................

(Suspense)

(Suspense)

(Suspense)

(Suspense)


Ok, enough with the suspense. To my horror, there was.............a........dead........lizard........in.....my box........of curry.....puffs........... A freaking dead lizard was in the box. I didn't see the bugger earlier, but there it was. Dead as a nail in the box. It's tiny little head gave no notion of horror (or life for that matter) when I gently poked the box to see if it would scuttle off. No...it was dead.

"Well, it's about time I was too busy helping myself to these here curry puffs!!"
This is the freaking dead lizard in my box of curry puffs.....

This is me emptying my stomach......

Now, my initial reaction was of disgust.
So natually, I proceeded to relieve myself of any component of the lizard that may have been left on my curry puff.

To think I ate a whole curry puff that was together with a dead lizard for a full 6 hours in the fridge (I later learned that the puffs were in the fridge last night). I'm speculating that the lil' lizard was holed up beneath my curry puff, hence I did not see it when I picked my puff.

So......this all has enlightened me on a few things.

One: Never leave boxes with lil' air holes on the kitchen counter.

Two: Check the food before consuming it.

Three: Always have a phone ready to call 911 whenever you prepare a meal.


No comments: