Thursday, August 31, 2006

On the Eve of Merdeka day

Waiting in the HR room early in the morning

After much difficulty in preparing for yesterday's interview with the Star, I managed to secure the job after a grueling 3 hour test in the morning and a short interview session in the afternoon. The wait was long and I grew more nervous with each passing minute. The psychology game to break me before the interview was certainly working, fortunately I managed to keep myself sane before the day was over.

By 10.20 in the morning I was already working on my test paper. Was a tough as nails test. Have never encountered so many words that I did not know. I was even stuck when it came to the essay section, what a time to have a writter's block. I handed in my paper by lunch time and had a simple lunch at one of the small restaurants in the office area.

Later in the afternoon, I sat in for the interview and was surprisingly calm throughout the entire session. I guess, things do work out better when you are actually doing something you anticipate for. In anycase, by the end of it, I was set up to take the job. All that is left is to hand in my certs and go for a medical check up. Whew, pretty normal despite the big changes this will bring about.

Will be seeing this more often...as well as....

this... and

..building in the coming months and years...

Just interested to note that I noticed this plastic surgery clinic around the office area. I wonder who are the target clients? Office ladies with a need to impress the guys possibly?

The plastic surgery clinic. Odd place to find it in a middle of an office area

2 comments:

Philip said...

congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

congrats!