Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chinese New Year 2007

Chinese New Year has arrived. It's time for new years wishing, visiting relatives and angpow collecting. Ah, new years is the time that we stuff ourselves to the brim on overpriced food (especially marked up for the festive season).

However, CNY didn't start off on a good note for me. On the New Years Eve I contracted a really bad case of diarrhea. Vommiting and endless hours in the washroom ensued. It didn't help that I had lost all of my body's water in a mere 2 hours right after dinner on Sunday night (when I thought I was on the road to recovery). I spent the following four hours of New Years day shivering under my sheets, for I had a fever due to the sudden lost in liquids.

Still, aside from the unpleasent start, things were underway a little differently this year. For one, there is no more going downtown to Sam Yee Poh's place (my grandaunt). Just long afternoons at home. There was hardly any visiting around my other relative's places either.

In anycase, these are just a few pics I took during my new years.

"Red Season"

Meeting at my grandma's palce on the first day of new year

Mom and Jinn Lik

"Luck in motion"

Family Potrait 2007

No comments: