Sunday, March 04, 2007

Chinese New Year Part 2

This post is long over due but the Internet connection from my place hasn't been kind to me as of late. In anycase I just wanna put up pictures I took while I was in JB two weeks ago. Today's already the last day of Chinese New Year. So I guess it is best that I get all the new years things over and done with. Enjoy.


Ah..Jlan Ru. Weird name this road has. I've seen this sign for many years cause my grandpa on my mom's side lives here. The ugly looking ads on the side are the sign of the times. Ah Longs are willing to stick on anything to get their services seen and heard.

My grandpa's place.

"Bubbles"

One of my cousins and my brother, playing with bubbles at my grandpa's.

Amanda and my uncle

Lunch was a simple affair. I didn't eat anything as I was still suffering from diarrhea at the time.

Guess who's the monkey in this picture.

All aboard!

Holiday Plaza in the distance.

I didn't get to see much of the place and there wasn't much to see. Most of the shops were closed for CNY. As you can see, most of these entreprenuering DVD sellers offer delivery service across the border to Singapore.

The family gathering at my grandpa's place after dinner.

My cousins playing Blackjack. Notice that almost everyone is wearing red.

We got our hands on some fireworks. Nothing fancy. Just some small tiny ones that go pop.

Fire at will!

No comments: