Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome 2007!!

It's finally here! A new year! The old is gone, the new is in. 2006 has been a very dramatic year for me. Many changes to my life happened this year. Among the major changes was the completion of my university education, 3 and a half years at Monash and it is finally over. Me finding my first job, hunting around for a job led me to joining the Star, working life has just begun for me. Now its already 3 months since I started work.

I decided to end the year a lil differently from previous years. Instead of going over to church, I went to the Curve, supposedly the best new year party in PJ this year. Considering the disaster that was Sunway Lagoon (during Merdeka Countdown), I thought of giving the Curve a go.

The stage is all set. Bands were doing last minute rehearsals and the early birds get to enjoy a taste of things to come.

Someone sure is excited to get a place infront.

There was a carnival like atmosphere as the kiddies rode the ever popular spinning thingy ride. You probably can find this in a gazillion other theme parks.

Things took a turn for the worse when the machine broke and the carts were spun at uncontrolable speeds!! Just kidding, I just took this at a slow speed to create some motion in the pic.

There was a Jenga competition over at Cathay Cineplex. Two guys were duking it for RM10,000. To think all that money rests on a tower of wooden blocks.


This guy was a real drama queen. Careful squatting in the corner like he needs to poo. I cringed whenever it came to his turn as he would take a real long time to make his move.

In the end, the drama queen won. Defeating his opponent. Leaving burried in a mess of blocks.

The same spinning thingy at night. Finally walked out on the Jenga competition at 7.30pm. The longest time I had ever watched some play a boardgame.

Show time!

The Hitz.FM crew hosting the evening's programs.

"Lucky" contestants get to engage in "interesting" games. Like pin-the-donkey.

Another crowd pleaser was the getting-into-weird-positions game

Actually it was an innocent game of stepping on the shrinking newspaper. Contestants were required to stand with their partners on a piece of newspaper. Each round the paper gets folded ,the area gets smaller while the number of "interesting" poses increase. :)

Pretty soon the performances got underway.

Dancers doing their stuff.

Before you knew it, there was a big crowd standing right behind me.

Hitz.FM's newest DJ, Natalie calling on for more participation from the crowd.

Other note worthy performers came on stage like Malaysian Idol Winner, Jac

6thSense was also present. Though I didn't enjoy their version of My Chemical Romance's Black Parade. At the very least, the guy struck a semi-decent pose.

Decided to go back early after looking at the crowd. On the way back to Kat's place, we managed to catch the fireworks display off in the distance from Jln Tun Razak.

So comes 2007, a brand new year. A brand new set of challenges to face. It's our country's 50th Bday. So hopefully it will be a memorable year that will go down in history.


No comments: