Monday, May 08, 2006

Double Assignment Horrors

Woah...the whole of last week has been a really hectic time for me. Spending more and more time on assignments. To top it of, I fell sick in the middle of the week, bloody flu is going all around. Not only is my whole household affected by it, but I can hear the subtle sound of sniffles going around uni as well. Tis, truly the season to be sniffing!!

Hmm.. the ho hums of the week before has been really "entertaining" to say the least. Over the previous weekend I got to take care of the house all by myself. Not to mention that there was a public holiday on Monday hence more time to bum around. Went for a warehouse sale in SS13 to shop for clothes and stuff. Was sad to see that some brands were given minimal coverage, like Bodyglove.....all they had were Bodyglove underwears.

This lady must be having a headache from choosing clothes to buy

"Amboi! Murahnya baju ni!"
Was taking a pic of the shirt, didn't see the kid in the pic until after I took it

In a coming series of photos, I shall be featuring a number of familiar locations around Monash/Sunway. When it comes to lunch, we (Monash students) are given by little choice but to choose between 4-5 varieties of shops. Should all other options fail or if we are simply too lazy to decide what to eat, Medan (a typical hawker centre) would be the most prefered choice. Much has changed in Medan since I first came to Monash. Sure the chicken rice stall has changed twice, now there's a Portugese grill shop and the delicious Western food stall at the corner is now gone, but I will still remember the good stuff I've had here.

The Medan Selera food court in Sunway

I've actually been to Medan a long before I entered college. Back then, there was a Dai Chau shop that my grandparents paid homage to, who opened up a stall in Medan. Since the stall was only opened at night, it received very minimal earnings and thus closed down not long after our first visit.

Went to watch Mi3 on Friday, wasn't that good of a movie but at least it was entertaining. Heh, weridest thing that happen was that my car was right outside the doors leading out of the cinema (Gsc One U's exits lead to the car park on level 4).

Lights, camera, action!

Was back at the same place on Saturday night, this time with family. Had ramen at this japanese stall next to Secret Recipe....can't remember the name. Oh, apparently there was a fashion show cum marketing campaign by all the various apparel stores around One U. They organized a big fashion show, complete with a catwalk. Didn't really get to see much as I always arrive at the tail end of things.

Ramen, ramen and more ramen....did anybody spot the Wantan styled ramen here?

Played around with white balance while taking this shot. Sorta like 'warm' effect

Such beautiful display of latterns! Its like you're in Japan.

Some crazy wackos putting on some dance routine.

No comments: