Monday, December 19, 2005

The scariest place in One U

Fear. Its what keeps us humans in check. Without it, all sort of unnecessary risks would be taken. It is there to make sure that we know that with risks come consequences. Touch fire, and you get burnt. Do your final exam with your eyes closed, and you fail. Forgetting your gf's bday, and you'll.............you wouldn't want to know what happens.

I stared at fear for the first time, today. No, it wasn't looking up a humongous gorilla's butt. It was the Toy Section at Jusco, One U. Nothing beats being stuck there for half an hour with brats screaming left and right.....Normandy, eat your heart out!!! Its kinda ironic that my former favourite section in the departmental store, has now turned out to be the worse place on earth to be. Some how looking at all the strange new toys defy's my brand of logic. What odd stuff is on display, like Spiderman & Friends (Adventure in the Park). In it, there is, of course, Spiderman, Captain America and strangely, Wolverine (I have no idea what went through the designer's mind). It looks like a Lego set, but it feature Marvel characters (strange one's at that). Totally weird. What happened to normal action figures? We live in strange times.

I cannot begin to comprehend the many new play things that are out on the market. Their attraction is simply not there. Good thing I've grown out of it. I would have gone crazy if I was still at that age now.

No comments: